SSL International Plc Case Study by MW Interim Finance
SSL International Plc
Strategic project to evaluate and deliver a cost optimised supply chain solution to the secondary production capability of a uniquely produced consumer healthcare product with a view to relocating from the UK to a joint venture business based in South East India.
- Working as part of small director level team covering technical, operational and finance, to identify and deliver a detailed project plan to move secondary production from the UK to India within agreed project phases.
- Confirming cut-off between primary and secondary production processes; isolating secondary production processes and costs for the UK and costing for Indian alternative. Re-costing primary and secondary production using fully absorbed manufacturing cost basis with volume scenario analysis.
- Creating the supply chain logistics and costs associated with shipment of primary product to India, also encompassing the quality, FDA/MHA implications and controls surrounding the production, transportation and environmental issues of moving quarantined product.
- Worked in situ with Indian joint venture business to monitor major and minor capital and operational spend to adapt local site for secondary production.
- Implemented transition of secondary product production from India.
- Project completed within expected timescales within the business delivering annualized costs savings of circa £3.5m per annum, based on conservative actual and forecast volumes.
- project management, international manufacturing, supply chain logistics, project costing
company since acquired by Reckitt Benckiser – sub-brand www.durex.com