Templar Case Study by MW Interim Finance
The Templar Company Plc
The directors wished to investigate a strategic opportunity to attract major additional investment into the business, subject to the achievement of specific financial objectives.
- Positioned the business to a nil debt / nil cash position within a three month period.
- Implemented a strict control of working capital via the acceleration in the timing of invoicing, improved debtor collection and extension of payables.
- Targeted delivery of net cash improvement of £0.7m however actually delivered above target net cash improvement of £0.9m.
- Reviewed alternative investment opportunities and work with new investor on due diligence activities.
- Following involvement in a successful due diligence exercise the investor effected a change of ownership, with the business being acquired by a larger publishing group, a key move that satisfied the Templar shareholders development strategy.
- cash and debt management, corporate due diligence
The non-executive Chairman of Templar, Michael Freedman, “complimented MW Interim Finance on the speed with which they had integrated into the Company and the quiet efficiency with which the strategy was implemented”